Legislative Update: Volume 18
Don’t California the Texas Grid
Comments Filed at NAESB Gas Electric Harmonization Forum
Statement from TCPA Executive Director, Michele Richmond, on PUC Adoption OF PCMTCPA commends the PUC Commissioners and staff for their diligent efforts to ensure a reliable grid for all Texans. Today’s adoption of the PCM is an important step toward the creation of a reliability service that would make it economically viable for companies to...
Legislative Update: Volume 17
TCPA Priorities for the 88th Legislative Session
- Support regulatory certainty by promoting a competitive and reliable ERCOT electric market that properly values the reliability needed from dispatchable resources.
- Support affordable consumer costs and future electric reliability by reforming the intrastate natural gas market to require transparency and accountability.
- Support PUC budget requests to ensure sufficient regulatory infrastructure to implement market changes.
- Support PUC sunset bill and maintain the scope of agency functions rather than policy changes.
- Oppose market disruption or degradation of the separation between regulated companies and competitive generation by the state or ERCOT.
- Oppose excessive transmission investments paid in regulated rates by consumers.
Gov. Greg Abbott supports proposal to overhaul Texas power grid
The grid’s regulatory body could approve a redesign of the ERCOT market on Thursday.